Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day!

Former National Eletricity Board (TNB) chairman and former Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia (RRIM) chief executive, Tan Sri Dr Ani Arope, forwarded the following to me and I would like to share it with you.

The author is Khalid El-khidir of Ottawa, Canada. His original piece is in Arabic and he was kind enough to translate it into English.


Me and My Father


When I was 4 years old: My father is THE BEST
When I was 6 years old: My father seems to know everyone
When I was 10 years old: My father is excellent but he is short tempered
When I was 12 years old: My father was nice when I was little
When I was 14 years old: My father started being too sensitive

When I was 16 years old: My father can't keep up with modern time
When I was 18 years old: My father is getting less tolerant as the days pass by
When I was 20 years old: It is too hard to forgive my father, how could my mum stand
him all these years
When I was 25 years old: My father seems to be objecting to everything I do
When I was 30 years old: It's very difficult to be in agreement with my father,
I wonder if my Grandfather was troubled by my father when he was a youth
When I was 40 years old: My father brought me up with a lot of discipline, I must do
the same

When I was 45 years old: I am puzzled, how did my father manage to raise all of us
When I was 50 years old: It's rather difficult to control my kids, how much did my
father suffer for the sake of upbringing and protecting us
When I was 55 years old: My father was far looking and had wide plans for us,
he was gentle and outstanding

When I became 60 years old: My father is THE BEST



Note that it took 56 years to complete the cycle and return to the starting point
"My Father is THE BEST"


Let's be good to our parents before it's too late and pray to ALLAH that our own
children will treat us even better than the way we treated our parents.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pak Tuan Syed

Happy Father's Day to you!

My Dad is my Hero!!!!!!!

-nani-

Anonymous said...

When I was small, my father was ok to me.
Now my sons are ok to me.
Like father, like son.
Right Tuan Syed?



- son of a gun