Friday, September 07, 2007

Waiting for the Glory Days

As the days have been soaring by and life has been going on. One night I felt the shift in the air.
Summer is nearing the homestretch.

I reflect on the coming morrow and I feel the prickle of the hairs on my neck, as I further dwell on the realization, excitement and emotions flutter in my heart that the days of the revelation are drawing close, if so granted by our Lord, we will rise way before the first light to seal the path of nourishment, with desire to come close to our first love to bow in praise and kneel for mercy.

We dwell and ponder and marvel at the wonders and heartily surrender the hours to supplication. Mercy will be within our reach. Fervently we will plead for it and as the crimson heavens appear, we will pray and dine and absorb the blissful air while we give our full devotion.
Then will come the most divine of all moments, sometime after the twilight, when the faithful will weep, beseech and draw near giving into utter surrender. In ardent apprehension coming back to the present. I smile and make a quick prayer:

Oh Great Lord! please give me the chance to live the glorious RAMADAN.


Source: IslamOnline

No comments: